Life Does Not Lose Its Value
Imagine a war. Not a movie or 30 second TV clip, but the brutal, horrific reality. You’re there. You witness, even participate in horrors beyond belief. And somehow, miraculously you survive. Imagine trying to put the pieces of your life back together. Now, imagine the same scenario but this time, you are not an adult, but a mere child … Young men and women who were fortunate enough to survive the horror of war as seen through a child’s eyes. Men and women who once were child soldiers.
Wilma Massucco, Jimeesh Gandhi
Awards & Festival
- 1. National Award for Human Rights Maria Rita Saulle 2014, Special Award to Wilma Massucco, with the support of Senate and Chamber of Deputies of the Italian Parliament
- 2. Official selection of Sciacca Film Festival 2012
- 3. Official selection of Lampedusa in Festival 2012
- 4. Analyzed at the University of Florence (Italy), Conflict management course, in a thesis of comparison between recruitment of child soldiers and recruitment of children of Camorra in Naples (thesis by Alma Rondanini, Prof. Giovanni Scotto – A.A. 2012/2013).
- 5. Subject of a thesis at the University La Bicocca of Milan (Italy), Degree in Science Education, title “A laboratory for the rehabilitation of former child soldiers in Sierra Leone” (Thesis by Sara Pauselli, Prof. Mariangela Giusti – A.A. 2012/2013).
- 6. Credited for workshop at school and in prison